Join Norwegian PEN
– the Norwegian division of PEN International, the world’s largest writers and freedom of expression organization
People become members for different reasons, and this is exactly what makes Norwegian PEN a diverse and strong organization.
As a member, you will:
– help us maintain high activity with great impact
– support our work as a driving force in key national issues concerning freedom of expression
– protest agains abuse, harassment, imprisonment and, in the worst cases, killings of writers and other free speakers
– join a community of over 900 writers, journalists, bloggers, musicians, librarians, cartoonists and other free speakers and activists Norwegian PEN needs more members – the more we are, the stronger we stand.
Who can join?
Norwegian PEN’s statute states that “Anyone who has made an effort for the free thought and the free word can be a member of Norwegian PEN”. This means that anyone who, in different ways, is dependent on freedom of expression for their work is welcome to apply for membership. Writers, journalists, publishers, cartoonists, musicians, visual artists, moviemakers, jurists, academics, librarians, bureaucrats, teachers, politicians, comedians, actors and many other professions are represented by our members.
How much does it cost?
The annual fee is currently kr. 450.
Are there other ways I can support Norwegian PEN?
You may gladly support our work for persecuted and threatened writers and journalists through a contribution to Norwegian PEN’s Emergency fund for persecuted writers.
Contributions can be sent to the Emergency account 1254.62.25060
through vipps 85438 labeled “krise”.