PEN Norway Turkey Indictment Project Report Launch
PEN Norway Turkey Indictment Project: Report Launch
It is with great pleasure we invite you to attend the launch of PEN Norway’s Turkey Indictment Project final report 2020, on Tuesday 22 June from 16.00 – 18.00 CEST.
Please join us for a webinar on the state of the rule of law in Turkey, advocacy options and the path ahead and the presentation of PEN Norway’s ground-breaking Indictment Project report that has shown that the indictment-writing process in Turkey is critically failing defendants and is in breach of Turkish and international law.
Turkey – Rule of Law and a Failing Judicial System
Tuesday June 22, 16.00 – 18.00 CEST
- Hosted by Banu Güven, journalist and former NTV host
- Opening remarks by PEN Norway President Kjersti Løken Stavrum
- European Parliament Turkey Rapporteur, MEP Nacho Sanchez Amor
- Delegation to the EU-Turkey Joint Parliamentary Committee Chair, MEP Sergey Lagodinsky
- PEN Norway Turkey Adviser Caroline Stockford and Reports Supervisor Lawyer Ceren Uysal present the Turkey Indictment Project final report 2020. Methodology, findings and way ahead for advocacy that will support the right to a fair trial in Turkey.
- Human Rights Lawyer Ayşe Bingöl Demir comments on the judicial system and the impact of the report
- Questions and answers session